NEW YORK, July 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- HBA Global, the leading product development event for the entire beauty and personal care industry, announced the winners of several industry awards for innovations in package design, emerging brands and suppliers' new products. With its online communities and show attendees voting, the HBA awards reached a worldwide audience of top beauty and personal care brand manufacturers, retailers, and consumers.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120710/NY37783-a )
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120710/NY37783-b )
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120426/NY95610LOGO )
For the first time, HBA Global attendees voted for their favorite new product from industry suppliers that were displayed in the on-site New Product Showcase. The following products, from more than 150 submitted, were selected by top beauty and personal care manufacturers for the Exhibitor New Product Excellence Awards:
- Uniform Color Company for its CT EcoBrites, fluorescent color concentrates that are FDA compliant, chlorine-free, and non-haloginated for thermoplastic polypropylene applications and CT Earthly Treasures, color concentrates for thermoplastic applications based on the looks of semi-precious stones and natural materials.
- Omni Bio Solutions for its J Bio Advanced Recovery Serum, a highly concentrated formula that fortifies the skins ability to repair damaged skin and dramatically improve the appearance of aging.
- Anisa International Inc. for its Wildly Beautiful Collection, special brushes created through a careful process of selecting synthetic hair fibers that reflect animal print designs in the brush head.
- UFP Technologies for its Plantable Packaging, a 100% recyclable custom packaging solution with flower seeds embedded.
Another new HBA feature was the Best of SPLASH Awards. During the 3 days of the HBA Global event, attendees visited the inaugural SPLASH Pavilion and voted for their favorite emerging brands. The Best of SPLASH 2012, as voted by show visitors, were:
- Zenagen which combines science and beauty to create the most unique and future focused professional hair care products in the world.
- me & the girls, a luxury boutique style skin care line that offers lush anti-aging moisturizers and exfoliants that actively replenish while simultaneously nourishing skin
- Scalisi Skincare, which marries the science based anti-aging properties a woman wants with the sun protection desperately needed.
The winners of the long-standing HBA International Package Design Awards (IPDA) were also announced by Lady Emmy during a special ceremony and reception on the first day of HBA Global. The Grand Award Winner and category leader for Tools/At Home Devices was:
- The Sephora Collection Brush Wand by Sephora, submitted by Anisa International.
The other HBA IPDA Category Wiiners included:
- pH Matchmaker pH Powered Bronzer, Blush & Lip Gloss by Physicians Formula for Cosmetic Mass
- Burberry Cosmetics Line by Inter Parfums for Cosmetic Prestige
- Embleme Fragrance by Zermat Internacional for Fragrance Mass
- Too Too by Betsey Johnson for Fragrance Prestige
- Just For Men AutoStop by Combe, Inc. for Personal Care Mass
- Love. Lust. Light Body & Boudoir Candle by Naked Princess for Personal Care Prestige
- bebe de foret by Yuhan-Kimberly for Skin Care Mass
- MAC Lightful Marine Bright by MAC for Skin Care Prestige
- MudPot by Black Rock Mud Company for Green Packaging
- It Kit by vbeaute for Sampling/Travel Size
In addition, a Facebook campaign where the entire HBA community could vote on their favorite new package took place and this new campaign generated 25,000 votes and close to 1 million impressions giving the HBA IPDA Finalists worldwide exposure for their products and brands. The winner of the 1st Annual IPDA People's Choice Award was Socializer's Can You Keep A Secret? Lip Exfoliator & Conditioning Balm by Elizabeth Grant.
To view the winners of the HBA IPDA go to: http://www.hbaexpo.com/ipda_2012winners. For more information on HBA Global, its exhibitors, and supplier resources go to: http://www.hbaexpo.com/home.
About HBA Global Expo & Conference www.hbaexpo.com produced by UBM Live, is the premier product development source–from concept to market–for the cosmetics, personal care, skin care, fragrance and wellness industries and features a comprehensive educational program and exhibits floor. HBA visitors comprise the top prestige, mass and emerging beauty and personal care brands worldwide. HBA Global Virtual Trade Show will take place September 27, 2012 and the next HBA Global Expo & Conference will take place June 18-20, 2013 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York. Connect with the HBA Global communities on Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.
About UBM Live UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors.
Contact: Annie Scully, email@example.com, 845-369-6382
SOURCE HBA Global Expo & Conference