AMSTERDAM, Sept. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- IBC --
- Broadcom's ability to integrate NAGRA OpenTV 5 together with NAGRA On-Chip Security (NOCS) 3.0 offers operators the very latest in content protection and multiscreen capabilities
- Broadcom offers support on set-top box and gateway platforms to enable operators to securely expand Internet and OTT services to multiple devices throughout the home
- Transforms pay TV experiences for viewers to enjoy premium video, Internet and Apps anywhere
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, announced the release of validated drivers for OpenTV 5, the latest, most open and most powerful set-top box middleware from NAGRA. NAGRA is the digital TV division of the Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) and the world's leading independent provider of value-added content protection and multiscreen television solutions. Visit Broadcom.com or www.nagra.com/dtv to learn more.
- Broadcom offers support for NAGRA's OpenTV 5 technology on a full range of cable, satellite and IP set-top boxes and gateways. Broadcom's platforms also feature powerful video processing, 3D graphics for advanced user interfaces and gaming, and compatibility with the latest standards including HTML5, Android and DLNA. Additional NAGRA technology included on Broadcom platforms includes:
- NAGRA On-Chip Security (NOCS), a highly secure hardware toolbox, allowing operators to monetize services and protect business models
- NAGRA Conditional Access and Digital Rights Management to create a strong content protection environment
- NAGRA OpenTV 5 features an open architecture, broad ecosystem and support for advanced user interfaces. It securely opens up television devices to the Internet, over-the-top services and a higher degree of innovation, while maintaining the robustness of traditional broadcast services for television providers to fully leverage and monetize their services now and in the future.
Validated OpenTV 5 drivers are currently available on the flagship Broadcom BCM7425 Dual Transcoding Hybrid Gateway SoC. NAGRA OpenTV 5 can be supported on all of Broadcom's set-top box and gateway platforms.
For ongoing Broadcom news visit our Newsroom, read our B-Connected Blog, or visit us on Facebook or Twitter. And to stay connected, subscribe to our RSS Feed.
Dan Marotta, Broadcom Executive Vice President and General Manager, Broadband Communications Group
"Supporting OpenTV 5 middleware provides the very latest in content protection and multiscreen capabilities from NAGRA and accelerates the time-to-market for operators to securely expand video and Web-based services. Broadcom continues to deliver the very latest in digital living- enabling users to enjoy premium video, Internet and Apps anywhere."
Samir Mehta, NAGRA's Senior Vice President, Digital TV Solutions
"OpenTV 5 is our most advanced and open client device solution yet. As a true media convergence platform it defines a category of its own that fundamentally expands the notion of middleware, and we're thrilled that Broadcom is able to offer validated drivers to our customers. This is a significant step forward in improving time-to-market for our customers, and ultimately enabling them to provide their viewers with some of the most advanced television services available today."
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything® and the Connecting everything logo are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Broadband