QUANTICO, Va., Sept. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- FAUN TRACKWAY USA, Inc. will launch an innovative new system allowing deployment of its ground mobility systems by a wider range of vehicles at the Modern Day Marine Expo in Quantico, Virginia on September 25-27, 2012.
The product, AGMS (Adjustable Ground Mobility System), can be attached in minutes to a wide range of front-end-loader vehicles, commonly owned by forces around the world.
This will allow operators to deploy FAUN TRACKWAY's portable roadway systems without the need for a dedicated vehicle.
As well as significantly increasing deployment flexibility, it could also considerably reduce the cost of equipping a force with portable roadway capability.
The product is compatible with both MLC 70 TRACKWAY – the multi-terrain system for tracked and wheeled vehicles up to and exceeding 70T – and MLC 30 TRACKWAY – widely used in beach-landing operations by wheeled vehicles up to and exceeding 30T – another important innovation giving greater flexibility.
This technology has been developed after extensive consultation with a number of expeditionary forces who are all looking to improve the efficiency of their operations.
Michael Holdcraft, vice president of business development at FAUN TRACKWAY USA, said: "We believe this product to be a huge milestone in terms of the efficient deployment of portable roadway systems.
"After considering the needs of several expeditionary forces, we are looking forward to unveiling the AGMS and we are confident it will be a system that proves popular with a wide range of military organisations around the globe."
Notes to Editors:
FAUN TRACKWAY USA, Inc. is a division of the Kirchhoff Group, based in Washington DC, USA.
TRACKWAY is used by over 40 different armed forces worldwide and it is a prime contractor to the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD).
FAUN TRACKWAY USA, Inc. manufactures:
- Heavy Ground Mobility System (HGMS) can withstand repeated loads of tracked and wheeled vehicles up to 70 tonnes (MLC 70). 50m is laid by two men in less than 6 minutes.
- Medium Ground Mobility System (MGMS) can withstand repeated loads of wheeled vehicles up to 30 tonnes (MLC 30). 32m is laid by 2 men in less than 5 minutes.
- Rapid Runway Repair (RRR) consists of Bomb Damage Repair Mats and Patches that form the landing surface for aircraft. RRR enables flying operations to be quickly resumed after enemy attack. RRR is vital in the Airfield Damage Repair (ADR) process.
- Aircraft Landing Mat (ALM) is an expedient runway in kit form that enables temporary airfields to be constructed quickly and easily, also compatible with UAVs and drones.
- Helicopter Landing Mat (HLM) helipad is suitable for a wide variety of rotary aircraft, designed to reduce brownout.
- More information and brochures available at www.fauntrackway.com
The FAUN group boasts Europe-wide manufacturing expertise, with offices in Germany, France, The Netherlands, Switzerland and Belgium.
SOURCE FAUN TRACKWAY USA, Inc.