AMSTERDAM, Oct. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Broadband World Forum 2012 -- Lantiq, a leading supplier of broadband access and home networking technologies, is bringing solutions to drive the next stage of wire line connectivity and in-home media distribution to its exhibit at Broadband World Forum 2012. Announcements leading up to this week's event show the company's commitment to advance the capabilities of communications service providers by delivering technologies for cost-effective, high-performance systems that optimize the end customer experience.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100930/NE71735LOGO )
- The first commercially available reverse powered Fiber to the Distribution Point (FTTdp) solution, co-developed with Aethra® Telecommunications, which uses standard fiber and copper wire broadband technologies to deliver aggregated data rates up to 250 Mbps over 200m twisted-pair copper line lengths.
- New collaboration between ASSIA, Inc. and Lantiq to advance management of vectored VDSL systems, and enable operators to achieve the highest performance in vectored VDSL deployments.
- The Lantiq AnyWAN system architecture and design approach, which provides the flexibility to build gateways supporting an array of wide area network (WAN) interfaces and local network connectivity options from a single base design.
- Continued collaboration with SoftAtHome, with a show demonstration featuring a Lantiq-based gateway running the SoftAtHome Operating Platform (SOP), which enables Smart Home advanced services with a focus on multi-screen environment.
- DuSLIC-xt, a single-package SLIC (Subscriber Line Interface Circuit) that provides all necessary functions to implement one- or two-channel voice telephony in broadband customer premise equipment.
Lantiq at Broadband World Forum
Demonstrations of advanced networking technologies based on Lantiq integrated circuit (IC) and firmware solutions can be seen in Booth C4, Hall 11. Attendees will learn how Lantiq's FTTdp technology delivers broadband over GPON and VDSL2 to the home while powering the distribution point remotely from the home. Other demos include Lantiq's AnyWAN technology allowing the use of any WAN interface without changing the topology of customer premises software or system solution. Lantiq will also showcase its XWAY ARX300 chipset with integrated Wi-Fi, which allows easy switching between ADSL2+, VDSL 2, Gigabit Ethernet, GPON and LTE uplinks and is the first in the industry to integrate 2x2 and 3x3 antenna configurations combined with an integrated CPU offloading functionality seamlessly into a DSL System on a Chip (SoC).
Dirk Wieberneit, Lantiq Senior Vice President and General Manager of Customer Premises Equipment (CPE), will be speaking about the Modern Connected Home and the Role of Open Services or Active Management. The talk is part of the Broadband Home Summit Track and takes place on Wednesday, October 17 from 17:45 – 18:15.
More information about Lantiq at Broadband World Forum 2012 is available at www.lantiq.com/bbwf.
Lantiq offers a broad and innovative product portfolio for next-generation networks and the digital home. The company specializes in broadband communications encompassing analog, digital and mixed-signal ICs along with comprehensive software suites. Lantiq is a fabless company and its semiconductor solutions are deployed by major carriers and in home networks in every region of the world. Further information is available at: www.lantiq.com